Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just Like Riding a bike.. NOT

We went ice skating today for Tony's 46th birthday. Yes, he's incredibly old. That's not what this post is about.

Anyway, lots of things come right back to me after long periods of not doing them... bike riding, horseback riding, sex, tetherball, tennis.... but with ice skating, not so much.

It was fun, but I was holding all my tension in my (already stressed) ankles, so that sucked. It was really fun once I got the re-hang of it.

Growing up, we hardly ever went roller skating, but because of my brother's obsession with ice hockey we went ice skating regularly. I never got great or anything, but I could skate for an hour without touching the side and without falling.

Today, my best was about 30 seconds, and I thought that was pretty darn good.

To do: lose weight, dance more, thus skate better.

No comments: