Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The pain and the Ecstasy...

It's not a secret-- I love to pickle things, cook them, freeze them, can them, eat them.

My "friend" Vicki gave me her harvest of pickling cukes that had grown to enormous size (like 3"x8") while she was on vacation. Not one to look a gift food in the mouth, I happily accepted her offer. What I got was approximately 50 lbs of cucumbers, picked 4 days ago and kept in the fridge.

I added those to the 10 or so I had from my garden and the 3 from my CSA box today, and ended up with too much work to do in too little time.

Then I went blueberry picking tonight and got about 1 1/2 gallons of berries to put by. Plus beets, broccoli, corn, cauliflower, green peppers, potatoes, onions, carrots, and cabbage in the fridge waiting to be put by.

Although I dearly love a challenge, ACK!

No comments: